Survivor Advocate videos
These videos were made in response to requests from survivors to be involved in our communications.
Their views are independent of the Royal Commission.
1. Survivor Advocate Kath Coster says she was just another child in the system and no one wanted to listen to her:
2. Survivor Advocate Toni Jarvis says the Inquiry is a stepping stone on the healing path for him and many other survivors:
3. Survivor Advocates Gina and Tanya Sammons say they are fighting for their sister Alva and for everyone else who has been abused in State Care:
4. Survivor Advocate Tyrone Marks wants the Royal Commission to find out why abuse in care happened ? Who was responsible, where did it happen and what are the effects?:
5. Survivor Advocate Eugene Ryder says “the care that was given to us ensured that we weren’t going to participate in society the way everyone else was:
6. Survivor Advocate Pearl Putaranui says “there’s so much hidden but we’re determined. We’re standing for everyone that’s alive but also the ones that have passed away:
7. Survivor Advocate Paora Crawford Moyle is using her story to bring light to others:
7. Survivor Advocate Jim Goodwin says ”My message of hope to survivors is that it’s not a hole. You just step out of it and go tell your story and find the people who love you.”
8. Survivor Advocate Netta Christian says “I’m doing this for my brother, for my special needs birth mother, my darling grandmother and my absent father. The family we were taken from. I’m doing it for them and I hope they are proud of me.”