If any content in this website has raised difficult emotional issues for you, and you would like to talk to a support person, below is a list of some of the telephone helplines or services that offer support, information and help. All services are free.
- Lifeline https://www.lifeline.org.nz/ 0800 543 354 (0800 LIFELINE) or free text 4357 (HELP)
- Need to talk? https://1737.org.nz/ Free call or text 1737 any time for support from a trained counsellor
- Safe to talk https://safetotalk.nz/ (Available 24/7) 0800 044 334, free txt 4334, email email@example.com, live webchat on www.safetotalk.nz. Free and confidential information and support from trained counsellors for people affected by sexual harm in any way.
- Suicide Crisis Helpline https://www.lifeline.org.nz/services/suicide-crisis-helpline 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)
- Samaritans http://samaritans.org.nz/ 0800 726 666
- Depression Helpline https://depression.org.nz/ 0800 111 757 or free text 4202 (to talk to a trained counsellor about how you are feeling or to ask any questions)
- Family Services 211 Helpline https://www.familyservices.govt.nz/directory/ 0800 211 211 for help finding (and direct transfer to) community based health and social support services in your area.
- Skylight https://www.skylight.org.nz/ 0800 299 100 for trauma, loss and grief; 9am–5pm weekdays
- Supporting Families in Mental Illness http://supportingfamilies.org.nz/ For families and whānau supporting a loved one who has a mental illness. Auckland 0800 732 825. Find other regions' contact details here: http://supportingfamilies.org.nz/about-us/
- Alcohol and Drug Helpline https://alcoholdrughelp.org.nz/ 0800 787 797 or online chat for people dealing with an alcohol or other drug problem; 10 am to 10 pm)
- Anxiety phone line https://www.anxiety.org.nz 0800 269 4389 (0800 ANXIETY)
- OUTline NZ http://www.outline.org.nz/ 0800 688 5463 (OUTLINE) provides confidential telephone support for sexuality or gender identity issues; 9 am to 9 pm weekdays, and 6 pm to 8 pm weekends)
- Youthline https://www.youthline.co.nz/ 0800 376 633, free text 234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or online chat
- Rape Crisis http://www.rapecrisisnz.org.nz/ 0800 883 300 (for support after rape or sexual assault)